All reservations must be paid in full.
Small Site Group Site
(6 Person) (12 Person)
Non-Member $60 $110
SLA Member $50 $100
For groups wishing to reserve multiple sites, these sites must be located on different islands. The campsite fee is a flat rate per campsite per night. All registrations must be paid in full before the site is considered reserved.
Bowman Island Cabin Is Not Available for Reservation
- To cancel a current reservation, please, send an email request to email@example.com.
- Full refund, less a $25 handling fee, if cancellation or change of date/site is 14 days or more prior to camping date.
- A change in reservation is treated as a cancellation. Email firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail) to notify us of your cancellation then make a new reservation online.
- 50% refund if cancellation/change is 7 days or more prior to camping date.
- No refund with less than 7 days' notice.
- Please inform us of your cancellation, even when no refund is possible.
Reservations can only be made for the year we are currently in, you cannot make following year reservations. Check back in December 2022 for the 2023 list of important camping dates.
- Keep it quiet, especially after 9:30pm. Headphones must be used with audio equipment.
- Please observe the 6-person limit at small campsites and the 12-person limit at group campsites. There will be a $35 fine for each person over the age of 2 above these limits.
- Groups may not rent more than one site per island/area per night.
- Never leave a campfire unattended. Campfires may be prohibited during periods of high fire danger. All fires MUST be in fire ring and completely extinguished.
- Do NOT gather firewood at the site; firewood is available at the docks.
- Tents must be set up on platforms where provided. This is to prevent ground compaction which is harmful to the trees in and surrounding the sites.
- Check-in is at 12:30 and check-out is at 11:30. $35 fines apply for an early check-in or late check-out.
- Motor boats are not permitted within float lines at any time.
- This is a pack it in, pack it out facility. No trash receptacles are available.
- Pets on a leash are allowed on Bowman Island and at Chamberlain-Reynolds Memorial Forest. NO pets on Moon Island.
- Firewood cannot be brought from home; it must be purchased locally to prevent the spread of invasive species.
- See Frequently Asked Camping Questions for more.
Violations subject to $35 fine per day/occurrence, and violators may be asked to leave if found breaking any of the above regulations.
Plan Ahead and Prepare
• Know the area and what to expect
• Select appropriate equipment
• Repackage food to reduce litter
Travel and Camp on Durable Surfaces
• Camp only in designated campsites
• Always stay on the trails
• Concentrate impact on durable surfaces
Properly Dispose of Waste
• PACK IT IN, PACK IT OUT
• Toilets are provided at each camping area
• Disperse dishwater at least 200 feet from the lake
• Bring a camp stove for cooking
• Purchase wood locally or buy it from SLA
• Fires must be in fire pits. Never leave a campfire unattended, and be sure they are completely extinguished.
Leave What You Find
• Do not alter the campsites
• Do not damage plants and trees
• Enjoy wildlife at a distance
• Avoid sensitive habitat areas
Be Considerate of Other Visitors
• Let nature’s sound prevail
• Respect others' privacy