Last updated 8/2/2022
2022 Boat Reservations
General use: Until 9/5
- We are currently renting kayaks and canoes to the public. The SLA is open 7 days a week from 9am-4pm. Reservations are encouraged. If you would like a boat rental please complete a Boat Rental Inquiry Sheet (doc. below) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-968-7336. We also accept walk-ins but cannot guarantee availability. No boat rentals after September 5th unless camping.
Campers only: 9/6 - 10/12
-Anyone camping or within a camping party can make a reservation that falls from September 6 to October 12. SLA offices are closed on weekends starting September 10th. If you require a weekend (Friday after 4pm, Saturday and/or Sunday) rental, it must be made at least a minimum of one week prior to your camping arrival date. We cannot process same-day weekend rentals as we’ll be closed. If you require a boat rental please complete a Boat Rental Inquiry Sheet (doc. below) and email it to email@example.com. Once accepted and agreed upon, a Liability Release & Agreement will be created and payment will be needed. This agreement will need to be acknowledged (signed) by all members within your boat rental group upon your arrival.
If you are renting a canoe or kayak to access your campsite please take into consideration your boating experience and the weather for the duration of your stay. We are unable to retrieve any boaters caught in tumultuous weather conditions.
Days/Hours of Operation for non-camping boat rentals
- 7 days a week until September 5th.
The Squam Lakes Association rents canoes and kayaks to the public at the SLA Resource Center on Route 3 in Holderness, NH. The Squam Lakes offer excellent paddling opportunities, with many islands, coves, reefs and miles of protected mountain views. SLA has a trained staff to teach you the basic skills and get you on your way. Come explore the shores of Squam!
SLA has a fleet of rental boats, including kayaks from Wilderness Systems, Olde Town, Boreal Designs, and Necky, and canoes from Olde Town and Grummen.
BOAT RENTAL PRICES
Based on hourly, daily, and multi-day rates.
Canoes & Kayaks:
SLA Member: $12
Canoes & Kayaks:
SLA Member: $45 ($30 each additional day)
Non-Member: $50 ($35 each additional day)
- A full-day rental lasts 9:00am to 4:00pm
- SLA staff cannot help secure/load boats onto a personal vehicle.
- SLA cannot transport boat to another location but a renter may.
The renter will be charged for any missing or damaged equipment.
- 14 days or more notice prior to rental = full refund, less $5 handling fee
- Less than 14 days = 50% refund
- Less than 2 days (48 hours) = no refund
A late fee will be charged to boats returned late. The fee will be $20 per hour until 4:30 pm and $50 for any return after 4:30pm and an additional $50 per day thereafter.
Call SLA @ (603) 968-7336 for more information or e-mail to: Info@squamlakes.org