Wister/ Heron Cove
Chamberlain-Reynolds Memorial Forest is a 157-acre forest with over a mile of waterfront and was donated to New England Forestry Foundation in 1953. Its shorefront area and trails are managed for public use by the Squam Lakes Association. There are several beaches, a swamp board walk and over 4 miles of hiking trails. The trails start on College Road in Center Harbor. Dogs are allowed but must be on a leash at all times.
Wister # 1, 2, 3 and 4 Campsites are accessible from land and parking is available at the West Parking Lot on College Road. Follow the West Fire Road to the Inland Trail to the Wister Point Trail. Heron Cove can only be accessed by water. Click icons on the interactive Chamberlain Reynolds Map for information about and location of docks, bathrooms, and campsites. Zoom out on the map to view the parking lots located on College Road.
Chamberlain Reynolds Memorial Forest Campsites (~25 Min. 1 Mile Hike In From College Road Parking Lots, Or 2 Hour 2.5 Mile Paddle. No Shuttle Service Provided. No Vehicle Access To Camping Areas. See the map to see the best trails for accessing campsites.
- Wister 1 - Large site, 12 person capacity, three 10ft x 16ft wooden tent platforms
- Wister 2 - Small site, 6 person capacity, no tent platforms
- Wister 3 - Small site, 6 person capacity, no tent platforms
- Wister 4 - Small site, 6 person capacity, no tent platforms
- Heron Cove - Small site, 6 person capacity, three 10ft x 10ft wooden tent platforms