Instructor: Pam Smith, Art Haven Studio, NH
Celebrate the beauty of Squam Lake by creating an original work of art celebrating the
natural beauty of this region! In this workshop, you will experience all aspects of the printmaking process, create a unique hand-carved block print and bring home your own one-color original print, as well as the carved block to continue to print more on your own.
- how to transfer a sketch or design to a block (we'll use Speedball softcut blocks for this class)
- about the various tools used in the printmaking process
- to carve printmaking blocks safely, smoothly, and effectively
- best practices for inking and printing
What to Bring: Please bring at least one simple sketch that you would like to try to turn into a block print. Size should be 4” x 6”. Simple really is best! I will also have flora and fauna designs for you to choose from.
Audience: This class is ideal for beginners.
Materials are included in the class price and will include:
- Two 5 x 7 SoftCut carving blocks
- Speedball carving tools to use in the classroom
- Barrens and rollers to use in the classroom
- Printmaking inks (non-toxic, water clean-up)
- Printmaking paper
Cost: $40 class fee + $10 materials fee = $50 (To be paid via check or cash the day of the workshop.) 25% of class registration proceeds to be donated to the Squam Lakes Association
Registration: Registration is required. Space is limited to 8 people. Click here to register for this program.